November is here! Phoenix sunshine is just beginning to let up for cooler months, and I’m doing my best to infuse a vibe of comfort and renewal into my little apartment. Read on to hear about my weekend, and scroll down for a little link love.
This past weekend was all about holding space for the things that bring me joy that I haven’t been making time for lately. Saturday I woke up and enjoyed making, documenting, and enjoying the coziest fall brunch of baharat pancakes with a dreamy tangerine labane cream. Baharat is a warming spice blend that whispers autumnal love notes into any food it touches.
After brunch, a few baby plants that I sprouted found their new homes in big pots outside, full of room to grow. I love sprouting plants because it’s so fun to watch little roots form and then witness something that was so small take on a life of its own. If you want to try your hand at it, simply cut the tips off either side of a few sweet potatoes, place in water near direct sunlight, and watch them explode into little leafy plants right before your eyes. It’s so magical.
Saturday night we visited one of my favorite new spots in Phoenix – Glai Baan, a Thai street food restaurant. Their Pad Thai is a refreshing take on a favorite, and I love the way they play with flavors. The fried chicken wings are phenomenal, and the broth that the mussels are served in deserve a side of rice just so you don’t waste a drop. I’m excited to eat my way through the entire menu before it changes – the chef has so many ideas that you never know when something new will pop up.
Sunday we had a cozy and relaxing day in – much to the satisfaction of my cat Mika, who would prefer it if we never left the apartment. I meal prepped warm and comforting tomato soup along with some veggies and salads. Then we raided the freezer, cleaned the entire apartment, and even shampooed the carpets. We’re ready for fall!
Here’s what I’m loving lately:
1. Hot tea is my current favorite indulgence. I’m loving Yogi Tea Cinnamon Vanilla Healthy Skin, Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice, and (as always) Stash Double Chai Spice Tea – especially when blended with Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice. All of these teas taste like fall to me.
2. I discovered the most incredible face wash ever. I hate using chemicals on my body, so I was delighted when I switched cold turkey to Shea Terra Organics – Rose Hips Black Soap without any side effects! In fact, I think my pores are clearer than ever.
3. This article really resonated with me: Millennial Women Are Burning Out Faster Than Ever
4. Adopt this weird & genius self care tip from Kristen Bell – I bet it will surprise you!
5. Do you suffer from decision fatigue? This could be the one thing holding you back. I thought this article was really interesting.
6. I’ve been a fan of Rachel Brathen for a long time, and I really love her new podcast – From The Heart: Conversations with Yoga Girl. Her real, raw accounts of life, growth, and love are refreshing from an insta-famous babe.
7. It’s finally bike weather! I can’t wait to get out and go to farmers markets, brunches, and coffee shops on my adorable Retrospec bike.
8. Berdenas opened a few months ago, and their avocado toast is to die for. If you’re nearby, it’s worth the trip.